13 December 2015

+JMJ+

Rose Spotting

In case Leigh Greenwood's Rose wasn't rose enough for Theresian purists, I present another that recently came my way . . .


That's the box in which my brother put his birthday present for me. He chose it knowing nothing about my novena and having completely forgotten that St. Therese of the Child Jesus and I have anything to do with each other. I'm totally counting this as another heavenly reply.

And now you may be wondering what was inside the box . . .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

For those not in the know, the tenth anniversary edition of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight comes with a bonus novel: the story retold with Edward and Bella's sexes reversed. In Life and Death, human Beau Swan falls in love with vampire Edyth Cullen. Words almost fail me . . .
 
Anyway, never let it be said that this spiritual daughter of St. Teresa of Avila ("From silly devotions and sour-faced saints, good Lord deliver us!") doesn't have a sense of humour.

And never let it be said that this owner of a glass fortress doesn't enjoy a good siege. The "sour-faced saints" bit is easy to understand, but what are the "silly devotions"?

Finally, remember that 13 December is the Memorial of St. Lucy, Virgin, Martyr and Patroness of Twilight Fans. St. Therese is my Confirmation saint and St. Lucy is my best friend. I love them both.

No comments: