10 June 2015

+JMJ+

Nonsense and Some Sense of Our Own!

letter W ampersand & letter Q
number 2 number 9

As fun as it is to read other people's humourous verse, it's not a proper party unless we write some poems of our own! Our Word & Question game has waned in popularity over the years, but optimism springs eternal and I can't think of a better time to venture a comeback. Not only will we be surrounded by scads of inspiration this month, but there will also be a chance to earn entries for the June Giveaway!

For those new to the game, the object of Word & Question is to write a poem that uses a certain word and answers a certain question. These prompts come from other players in the game: everyone must contribute one word and one question, to be used by another, in order to join the game. (It's fun! For some examples, check out these rounds from previous Giveaway Months: June 2013, June 2012, June 2011, and the one that started it all, June 2010.)

If this sounds like fun, e-mail me a word and a question by Saturday (10 June 2015) and expect a reply from me, with your prompts, by Sunday (11 June). I will get my poem up (and update the Rafflecopter) as early as possible next week, so that you can start linking up yours as soon as possible. But you will have until the end of the month to finish. Well, how about it? =D

6 comments:

Itinérante said...

This is cool! I do not think I know how to email you so I will just put it here :)
Word: Velocity
Question: Would you like some tea?

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

That's all right, Itinerante! =) I've also received prompts from Brandon, so we'll have a nice mix this month.

Itinérante said...

Awesome! I am so enjoying the poem of the day back at Siris and now I will get to read some more! Hooray for a rich June :)

cyurkanin said...

Since I no longer blog or write poetry, is there a way I can contribute a grub to add points to my entry? ;)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

A grub that uses a word and answers a question? You're IN! =D If you're serious, e-mail me your prompts. =)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Itinerante, I left your prompts in the combox of your latest post. Have you seen them? And have you also read the second message I wrote under them?