18 February 2015

+JMJ+

"Two or Three" Book Club, Meeting 113

"The hunt is the relaxation of the Christian," said St. Francis de Sales, quoted in the Charles A. Columbe article linked in yesterday's post on Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. That turned out to be a real alignment of my reading "stars," because, as you can see, this year's "Two or Three" Book Club pick for Lent is by the good Bishop of Geneva. And yes, I decided that long before I knew I'd be reading Rawls's novel.

I hope St. Francis will have some stuff to say about CLEARING. =)

If you don't have a physical copy, you can read digital translations at the Christian Classics Ethereal Library, the Internet Archive, and Philothea. (And if you like German as much as I do, you'll be pleased to know that Philothea has eine Deutsche Uebersetzung as well. The part of my mind that stores up my German vocabulary words is trembling with joy.)

Finally, remember that today, Ash Wednesday, is a day of fasting. (You're welcome!) Have a blessed day!

Image Source: Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales

5 comments:

Itinérante said...

Thank you Enbrethiliel and have a blessed day too!

Sheila said...

I love this book!

Brandon said...

Will definitely be reading along!

Terry Nelson said...

I love this book too.

How many languages do you speak?

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Itinerante -- I hope that you had a good fast day! =)

Sheila -- An improvement over last year's choice? ;-)

Brandon -- Great!

Terry -- Oh, man, I'm so embarrassed by that question! LOL! I really speak only two languages. But I can read Latin and understand some French. Now I'm studying German and really want to be decent in it.