02 December 2014

+JMJ+

Happy New Slump!

Whenever other book bloggers moan that they're experiencing a reading or blogging slump, my (totally unsolicited and probably annoying) advice is for them to enjoy it: if one area of your life is slowing down, that just means that another area is speeding up! So look on the bright side and take advantage of it. =D Well, the time has come for me to follow my own counsel.

I had wanted to finish the Frankenstein readalong in November, but to be honest, I haven't even finished Frankenstein! =P And although I did read another faerie tale retelling for Locus Focus, it took me forever and I'm not really sure how to start the post about it. I'm still committed to finishing both of those short-term projects, but they'll take a longer time than expected. I'm sorry about that.

What I can promise for this month, for those who are still interested in coming here, are some Knitting Diary entries. Blogging and reading have been slow, but you can bet that all sorts of practical stuff, like crafting and cooking, are getting done.

So how is everyone else doing? Are the usual things in your life proceeding as they usually do, or have you also noted some slowing down in one area and speeding up in another?

9 comments:

Itinérante said...

I like how real it is here ♥

Brandon said...

I can certainly sympathize with a slow-down; the last half of November and the first half of December always finds me trying to juggle so many things that I have difficulty keeping track. I figure that as long as something is getting done, it doesn't usually make much sense to sweat over whether this or that particular thing is.

Sullivan McPig said...

I'm experiencing a slowing down in all areas... Rainy weather = flu = brain & body not wanting to cooperate

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Itinerante -- Thanks! =)

Brandon -- I'd never know from your output that you were also slowing down. You must have a million drafts for slow times such as this! You're right that as long as something productive is getting done, it doesn't really matter that another area is a trifle neglected.

Sully -- Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. =( I really hope that you can feel better soon. But sometimes having a long enough spell of nothing is exactly what we need "to recharge," so I'm sure that you have a lot to look forward to when this is over!

Sullivan McPig said...

@Enbrethiliel: Just one more day of work and I will have a 4 day weekend. You can bet I will be relaxing and recharging.

Brandon said...

It's more like a million barely thought out ideas than a million drafts! But regardless of how much things slow down, I am always reading something, and it's this more than anything else that is reflected in the continual stream of posts.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Sully -- It's the middle of the weekend, so I bet that you're feeling much better! =)

Brandon -- I always have stuff on my mind, too, but because of the formats that I've imposed on myself, ideas that can't be worked into the sort of post that I normally do usually go unblogged. Which kind of defeats the original purpose of a blog, aye? LOL!

mrsdarwin said...

I feel like I have no time for writing at all anymore, except that's not true. I have no time for organizing my thoughts and putting them down coherently on a screen before the baby whaps the keyboard. (He's in my lap right now, biding his time before he strikes.) But I have plenty of time to click on stuff like this and think, "Hm, Enbrethiliel would enjoy this."

http://the-toast.net/2014/12/09/tell-baby-sitters-club-book/

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I started grinning at #1: "Your peer group has associate members."

And now it's my turn to go to your blog and "to remember" you. ;-)