04 August 2014

+JMJ+

"Two or Three" Book Club, Meeting 99

Once again, we have a winner! And what we will be reading for the next two months (give or take a few weeks!) is . . .

The Handmaid's Tale - 1 vote
Oryx and Crake - 3 votes

That's not the most popular turnout we've had, but how can a Nichtwählerin like myself complain? LOL! For what it's worth, I also know from experience that books with "niche" appeal are often more effective at sparking discussion than books with mass appeal. So this should be interesting! =)

Since there are fifteen chapters, I'm going "to break" the readalong into five meetings on three chapters each. I'll call the next "meeting" to order later this week.

Image Source: Oryx and Crake by Atwood

4 comments:

Ouachita Parish Public Library said...

Ooh, I have had this book on my TBR list for ever! I need to just pick it up and read it.

http://ouachitaya.blogspot.com

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

If you try it any time in the next eight weeks, I hope that you come back for some of the readalong discussions! =)

Melanie Bettinelli said...

It's been years and years since I read Oryx and Crake, but I'm looking forward to reading the posts.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

We already have a few discussion posts up, Melanie, so feel free to comment whenever you like! =)