15 July 2012

+JMJ+

Owl Post #3


Jenny was just saying that it's hard for her to leave (meaningful) comments under "haul" posts--and I totally know where she's coming from. I can totally tell when I'm writing something that won't inspire much conversation. =P

But even if you have nothing to say about my four new books, surely you can spare a comment for my little white elephant?


Perhaps I should have called this . . .
"Pachyderm Post"! =P

Thank you to Chanelle of Beyond Words and Natashya at Harlequin Teen for New Girl by Paige Harbison!

Thank you to author and blogger Claire Legrand and her guest, author Marissa Burt, for Storybound by Marissa Burt and Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls!

Thank you to Lauren of Epilogue for Starter for 10 by David Nicholls!

I've already sent Thank You notes through my (very exhausted) owl, but blogging etiquette requires some link love, too. =)

PS -- Yes, I know what the idiom "white elephant" means . . . and yes, I'm starting to wonder if it applies to my high-maintenance book collection! LOL!

7 comments:

cyurkanin said...

Wow, that's a lot of book wins =D I'm just happy to have won a second one on Goodreads giveaways! Looking forward to see what you think of Where the Red Fern Grows - one of those classics I've never gotten to yet.

Nice elephant :P

Jenny said...

I have New Girl but I've yet to read it. It looks good.

Shaz said...

Happy reading. That's quite a haul. And your white elephant is fabulous!

For me, my book addiction is less a white elephant and more the elephant sitting in the middle of the room that no one talks about. :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Let me know if New Girl is any good. I'm curious about it, but a bit afraid to give it a try because Rebecca is one of my favorite books.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Christopher -- A second win? You're on a roll! =D

Jenny -- Have you already read Rebecca? =)

Shaz -- He always looks so happy when I take his picture. ;-) And I love your elephant metaphor!

Sully -- It probably won't live up to Rebecca. LOL! I'm strategically setting my expectations very low and hoping this won't be as bad as April Lindner's Jane. =P

Sheila said...

I am pretty sure my grandma has that exact elephant. In her fancy living room, which is done up with "Eastern" sorts of artifacts acquired on her travels, she's got two little white elephants (one just like that, and one in a different pose), one two-foot-high brown china elephant, a big brass samovar, a mosaic teapot, and many other fine things. Perhaps you are on your way to a room like that. ;)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

LOL! I call him "my" elephant, but he really belongs to . . . my grandmother! =D And I wish I had pictures of her room of "Eastern" artefacts. (Our grandmothers should get together sometime, aye?) We no longer have most of them, but I know that the black cabinet the elephant is usually posed on is from Korea. =)