03 June 2012

+JMJ+

Owl Post #2


A few weeks ago (because I never write these things on time), an owl landed on my windowsill with a special delivery from a friend in the UK. This friend, who had visited me recently, had dropped her mobile phone in my car during the drive to the airport and was desperate for her sim card. But knowing what it would cost me to send it safely to her, she offered a trade: if I paid for the shipping, she'd buy me a couple of books from the Book Depository that I couldn't easily get in the Philippines. I accepted.

So I paid extra for a Philippine scops owl to carry her sim card to her and she got an English tawny owl to send the first of two orders to me.


Lovescript by Michael Watts was recommended to me by a friend who has studied graphology and swears that it is uncannily accurate. We'll see, won't we? ;-)

I mentioned this book to two friends I see on a regular basis, and they had very different reactions to it. One of them reached for her notebook and asked what I could tell from her handwriting . . . and the other said that he would never let me see his handwriting ever again! LOL!

What are your thoughts on handwriting analysis?

7 comments:

Petra said...

Interesting book! :)

Jenny said...

Hmmm, this book intrigues me. I'd be the one grabbing the notebook. ;)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Petra -- Thanks for visiting again!

Jenny -- I'm a notebook grabber, too. =)

Jess @ The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow said...

I love books like this. It's fascinating to analyze other peoples handwriting. Interesting exchange- the world would run a lot smoother if more books were used to compromise : ) ~ Jess

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

As you look deeper, graphology just gets more and more fascinating. =) I'm still kind of tickled that two frends who make the same stroke that points to a certain trait express that trait so differently!

Brodie said...

Hee! I love hearing your owl stories <3 Oooh Love Script sounds interesting! Haha I wonder what my handwriting reveals!.

I found all that kind of stuff pretty fascinating, so I hope your research provides to be.... illuminating, about the people in your life! :D

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Brodie! I like giving these entertaining twists to my Owl Posts as well. =)