18 April 2012

+JMJ+

Twenty Poems and Counting!


This is one of those times when I've wanted desperately to cheat . . . but didn't. =)

It was also one of those times when I had to look up the word prompt, being completely unfamiliar with it. But I stubbornly held off doing so until just a few hours ago. And the poem which follows is actually all about that Google Images search . . . although if anyone else asks, I'll tell them it's about rediscovering nature in the spring. =P

Word: Hyacinth
Question: Didn't I hear you crying?

I had never seen a hyacinth before
And did not know . . .
How bright a garden could become
When hyacinths there grow

I had never seen a hyacinth before
And had to stare . . .
Neither Solomon nor lilies
Rival hyacinths so fair

I had never seen a hyacinth before
And never guessed . . .
How pale the sky becomes to one
By hyacinths impressed

I had never seen a hyacinth before
And had to cry . . .
But tears are healing as the rains
While hyacinths are nigh

Just in case anyone else needs to look them up, here is a picture . . .



Truly impressive, aren't they? =) I still haven't seen one, though. LOL!

But what I'd like to see more than any hyacinth are your poems! Leave the links in the combox and make my spring!


Image Source: Hyacinths

12 comments:

dylan said...

The poem. Here it is.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Dylan! =) I just realised that you got my question and I got yours. I hope you liked my answer. =P

Salome Ellen said...

Wow! Hyacinths are such a part of Easter/spring to me that I never thought about the "other countries/other flowers" thing! My word, obviously. And I very much wish I could send you one, as the scent is as lovely as the blossom. And off-the-cuff poems are at least as good as the chewed-on kind! Nice work.

(And I promise I'll finish mine soon...)

Salome Ellen said...

Just read my comment -- I also promise to go easy on "and" in the poem.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

If the scent is half as lovely as the blossom, then I'm sure it's heavenly! =)

I can't wait to read your poem!

dylan said...

Oh, yes, that WAS my question, wasn't it? I had forgotten!

I have heard the word hyacinth used as a proper name in Spanish -- Jacinto. At least I think that's hyacinth in Spanish.

And my compliments, Enbrethiliel, on a poem achieved with your usual effortless-seeming but nonetheless scintillant expertise!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Dylan! =)

And you may easily believe that my unfamiliarity with hyacinths meant that this poem was almost about a girl name Hyacinth! =P

christopher said...

And here's mine, ma'am, back to read everyone's tomorrow - http://sanctuschristopher.blogspot.com/2012/04/word-question-thats-right-i-used.html

momto8 said...

one of my favorite flowers! the scent is so beautiful too.
I liked your poem.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thank you! =) I'll check your blog out now.

Salome Ellen said...

More than a week late, and several lines short from my usual, but it's up! http://salomeellen.blogspot.com/2012/05/word-and-question-20-now-with-added.html

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Ellen! =) And at least you made it before this Wednesday's W&Q 21 post, aye?