21 March 2012

+JMJ+

Wednesday Night Trailer: "Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!"



I always said (to myself) that I'd bring Friday Night Movie back if I ever ran into something cheesy enough to be worth the effort of live blogging.

My first choice was The Boondock Saints (because I find it hysterical that ethnically Irish characters would be described as "boondock"--and because it's nice to feature Catholic stuff during Lent); but I knew I'd set it aside if I found something from the 80s or the Horror genre to do instead. And well, The Boondock Saints didn't stand a chance next to Eddie and the Cruisers.


This little gem may be almost as old as I am, but it's a totally new discovery for me. And I knew it was perfect for this blog when I read that director and screenwriter Michael Davidson had wanted to make it in order "to get all [his] feelings about the music of the last thirty years of Rock music into it."

My own "last thirty years" of music may have little overlap with Davidson's, but they stir up deep enough feelings in me as well to make me believe he and I speak the same language of nostalgia and loss. So I hope to live blog his movie with the same angle, although I can't promise I won't be distracted by everything else he has thrown in! =P

See you at the live blog this Friday!

Image Source: Eddie and the Cruisers poster

7 comments:

christopher said...

Eddie and the Cruisers was AWESOME (as a teenager... will have to see how it holds up as an adult), I'm in :)

Angie Tusa said...

I've never heard of this film before. I'm looking forward to the liveblog! :)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Christopher -- Excellent! I can't wait for your comments. =D

Angie -- I thank my instincts for getting me to look it up after seeing Eddie and the Cruisers on a list of "Favourite Movie Bands".

Bob Wallace said...

I can't believe you found this movie!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I can't believe it took me so long!

There will be more on Friday, so I hope you can drop by. =)

Lesa said...

I don't think I've seen this movie since the 80s but I loved it then. And the song was great. I actually saw Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band perform it live at a Beach Boys concert-- they were the opening act. Too cool!
btw, tickets to that concert was the first bday present I ever bought for my then fiance now loooong time hub. this post of yours is really bringing back the memories!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

How interesting, Lesa! Did Cafferty lend his regular singing voice to Eddie, or did he make it more Springsteen-like for the movie?

I hope you can drop by the live blog as well! =)