26 March 2012

+JMJ+

McFly Monday: Introducing Carrie

This post was supposed to be a review of a McFly album . . . but then Tom Fletcher's younger sister Carrie shared her new song Running through Rivers with the world, and I happily let myself get distracted.


If you can recommend a contemporary YA Romance
with a plot at all like this song and its video,
then I might actually read it!


The books are Starter for Ten and The Understudy, both by David Nicholls, Carrie's favourite author. I'd really like to try them now (if only for the McFly connection--LOL!), but my existing reading commitments don't really give me room for a new project.

Not that something like that ever stopped me before . . .

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah, well if anyone finds a book that's even remotely close to that video let me know. I want to read it too.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Here's a deal: whichever of us finds that book first tells the other! =)

(Now that I think about it, I'm quite sad that this video isn't a response to a book that has already been written . . . Or perhaps it is, and I need to start reading David Nicholls right now!)

Jillian said...

Well THAT my friend, is adorable. *sigh*

I can't honestly think of a particular YA book that's like that, but I have to say, it sort of has the David Nicholls effect (and Jonathan Safran Foer as well as John Green) effect to it!

JSF doesn't really write love stories, but the feel of it is the same.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I'm so glad you liked it! =D

I asked for YA recommendations because I tend to read more YA than anything (and because the characters in the video look young), but any good novel with the same vibe will be welcome. =) So thanks!