22 November 2011

+JMJ+

The Right Price at the Right Time


Having been really busy lately (and not just with the guitar), I haven't been doing much reading, browsing in bookstores, or even blogging about books. I actually feel that I don't remember how to do this, so I apologise in advance for the quality of this post.



Remember these titles?

I promised to read Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath for the Foodie Reading Challenge and The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivian Vande Velde for the Retold Fairy Tales and Enchanted Cousins Reading Challenge.

Both these books came to my attention while I was browsing in used bookstores, and both of them had been snapped up by savvier readers by the time I went back for them. You can say that one reason I haven't got to them yet is that I didn't want to buy them new. =P

Being a scrounger has its benefits, but not in an area with no public libraries. And after about ten months of waiting for a bargain book to show up, even I wasn't feeling so frugal.

But sometimes the right book does come at the right time, and at the right price . . .

Recognise those price tags from the used bookstore? (LOL!)

I found them within days of each other and have already finished one of them. Reading Diary entry to follow. Huzzah.

Image Sources: a) Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath, b) The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivan Vande Velde

2 comments:

Belfry Bat said...

You've got spam!

...

In other matters, it really is nice when events conspire to bring you good things! I wonder when it's my turn...

Lesa said...

How wonderful that you found your books and at a bargain! I gave Rumplestiltskin to my two youngest co-bloggers as a gift about 4 years ago-- I didn't read it first so I've been hoping they would post about in on Baja. And I didn't even realise it was a VVV book. I really liked the one I read last year 'Stolen'-- a witchy folktale with a twist. I checked at the library last night-- several VVV books but no Rumple. I did check out one called 'Smart Dog' though. Looks like VVV is a prolific and eclectic writer.

Sorry about taking so long to comment. I've been busy, mainly offline and in a bloggy block of some kind too. And after a hiatus, it is hard to remember how to do it.

Oh yes, BBB is now every other week mostly. Not running out of bargains but sometimes I only have time for one post a week and I don't want to only write about bargains.

:o)