20 July 2011

+JMJ+

Wednesday Night Trailer: "The Threat of Nature's Perfect Eating Machine!"



And where there's a Wednesday Night Trailer, there is (or shall be) a Friday Night Movie. =)

In about forty-eight hours, I be live blogging Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, to be counted toward that "Monsters vs. Alien" challenge you might remember from aeons ago.

--->

Remember that Bob (my favourite character from Monsters vs. Aliens) might be a tribute to The Blob, but he was created out of a genetically engineered tomato. (You have no idea how much sense that is making, now that I've seen about half of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.)

Anyway, while this week's featured film wasn't on my original list (and is closer to my beloved 1980s than to the mysterious 1950s I'm supposed to be learning about), it's the best I can do until I find the other four movies that are.

Besides, it's really, really funny. Do I really need a deeper reason than that?

Image Sources: a) Attack of the Killer Tomatoes poster, b) Bob

7 comments:

lisa :) said...

I watched this movie with my parents when I was younger and they jokingly kept trying to convince us that it was a really scary movie. I definitely remember laughing our way through it!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Oh, funny it is! This film might not be as good with physical comedy and other "sight" gags as, say, The Naked Gun movies . . . but none of the characters can open their mouths without making me choke on my proverbial popcorn!

christopher said...

Ah, another one I may have to watch again, it's been a while. And just when I ws telling myself I was going to start reading again...

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

And who says that reading a live blog isn't reading? =P

Oh, wait. You mean worthwhile stuff? . . . I'm not sure this blog can help you! ;-)

EegahInc said...

I suppose its to safe to admit after all these years that a bunch of us skipped out on English 101 to watch this when the VHS finally showed up at our local video shop. A guy's gotta have his priorities, right?

vvb32 reads said...

LOL - i remember watching this waaay back. the title alone makes me LOL ;-D

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

EegahInc -- So right! And I'm sure time has shown you that it was, after all, the better choice. =)

Vvb32 -- The first time I heard it, I thought it was a complete joke!

Which it, of course, was.

Hmmmm. I don't think I'll be able to explain further. =P