08 July 2011

+JMJ+

Faerie Tale Theatre Production Smackdown, Final Winner!
(Revisit Round 1, Round 2, Round 3A, Round 3B, and Round 4)

The Princess and the Pea = 5 Votes
The Snow Queen = 1 Vote
Pinocchio = 1 Vote

Well, of course a "princess story" won! Walt Disney's dark, shadowy legacy sees to that all the time. ;-)

Seriously, The Princess and the Pea was a strong contender from Round 1--and one of the two productions I was absolutely sure would make it to the Final Faerie Four. (My other "sure bet"? Cinderella! I still can't believe you all voted for Sleeping Beauty instead. =P)

Thanks to everyone who cast a vote in this smackdown and kept me on my toes! Rediscovering these productions wouldn't have been half as fun without you! =)

But this isn't the winner's announcement you're most excited about, is it? (LOL!)





Not even all the star power of Liza Minnelli could outshine the this month's Philippine Literature Giveaway, which transcends the concept of Reading Challenge and deserves the title Reading Tradition.

Sharing the experience with all of you--and getting to give a book to one of you--made it so much more fulfilling. Thank you for joining me in the comboxes!

Now there's nothing left to do but to name the winner . . .

Congratulations to . . .

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Lisa of Her Book Self


Please e-mail me and let me know your address and which book you'd like, Lisa! =) I can't find your own e-mail details on your blog or profile page, but if I don't hear from you in a couple of days, I'll leave a totally off-topic comment under one of your posts to let you know you've won.

Image Source: a) The Princess and the Pea DVD, b) Banana Heart Summer by Merlinda Bobis, c) Barefoot in Fire by Barbara-Ann Gamboa Lewis, d) By Sword and Fire: The Destruction of Manila in World War II, 3 February - 3 March 1945 by Alfonso J. Aluit, e) Cave and Shadows by Nick Joaquin, f) The God Stealer by F. Sionil Jose, g) The Manila We Knew, h) Owl Friends by Carla M. Pacis, i) Po-on by F. Sionil Jose, j) Adventures of a Child of War by Lin Acacio-Flores, k) Smaller and Smaller Circles by F.H. Batacan, l) Tall Story by Candy Gourlay, m) The Woman Who Had Two Navels by Nick Joaquin

12 comments:

antiaphrodite said...

Yaaaay!!! :-D And congrats to Lisa!!!

Sullivan McPig said...

Only 1 vote for the Snow Queen?!
inconceivable!!!!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I'm surprised as well, Sully. I really thought it would do much better than it has.

lisa :) said...

Oh my gosh!! Thanks so much for hosting this contest... as well as the FTT smackdown!

I can't gush enough about how much I love your blog and I'm totally thrilled and honored to have won! Now the tough part will be choosing a book...

Lesa said...

Yay! A Lisa won! Always cool when a Lisa wins! (even if she spells her name funny)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Lisa -- I've received your e-mail and am answering it now. =D

Lesa -- LOL! ;-)

Shanan, The Book Addict said...

I love that fairy tale. I remember seeing it as a child at a theater in Phoenix. :)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I've never seen it on stage and this is the only non-cartoon adaptation I've watched. I think it's ripe for more interpretation by live actors.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I'm so glad that one won!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks again for all your votes, Melissa! =D

sugarpeach said...

Yay, the Princess and the Pea won! =)
Congratulations, Lisa!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks for joining in the fun while it lasted, Evangeline. =)