13 May 2011

+JMJ+

Smackdown Intermission

Until Blogger restores my Character Connection 25 to me, I won't be blogging anything long and complicated. [UPDATE: The link works again, but you'll find a new post rewritten by me rather than the original post restored by Blogger.]

But that doesn't mean everyone else can't have a bit of fun with another face-off . . .


vs.
Jack and the Beanstalk vs. Puss in Boots

In both stories, a small hero who inspires more doubt than confidence goes head to head with a much larger opponent. Here we have the famous Jack who kills a giant . . . and the celebrated cat who outwits an ogre. In these tales, brains always win over brawn!

Vote in the combox, as usual! =)



Now that I think about it . . . this pairing could have totally been a regular Faerie Tale Face face-off submitted to the Friday is for Faerie Tales meme at the blog This Miss Loves to Read. I can see exactly how Jack and Puss would square off against each other . . . and if it weren't for my worries about a long post getting lost, I'd outline it in typical long-winded detail.

And in case you were wondering about last week's mini face-off in Round 2 . . . Goldilocks beat Snow White with the same single minded ruthlessness that its light-haired heroine used to wreck the three bears' home.

Image Sources: a) Jack and the Beanstalk DVD, b) Puss in Boots DVD

13 comments:

Jillian said...

Now I've never seen those exact versions but I know the stories all too well. Haha. We read these to our students almost everyday. I'd have to go with Jack and the Beanstalk. I never liked Puss in Boots for some reason.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Jillian! =)

While I like the cleverness of the premise in Puss and Boots, I'm afraid I've never really warmed to it, either. I felt the cat was doing all the work for the miller's son. LOL!

antiaphrodite said...

Well, a vote for the cat--mostly because of that particular cat! :-D

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

LOL! Noted! ;-)

This episode was especially memorable, for some reason, but I recall having extra difficulty suspending disbelief when it came to the cat! =P

antiaphrodite said...

Can't imagine why! X-P

Darwin said...

Puss in Boots. No question. He's as cool as all get out.

mrsdarwin said...

I shouldn't even have to do this anymore, but... that was me, of course.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

*big grin*

Thank you, Mrs. Darwin! =D

Mr. Darwin is welcome to vote, too, of course! =P

Lesa said...

Jack in the beanstalk for me-- it was a childhood fave.

The Mike said...

I don't know if I have a horse in this race. The cast lists aren't inspiring my vote.

Ummm....Jack and the Beanstalk, because I always like climbing into the cloud land full of coins on Super Mario Bros.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Lesa -- Thanks! =)

The Mike -- That's as good a reason as any! ;-)

But . . . I thought you were a cat person!? =P

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I liked both of these, but I really liked Jack and the Beanstalk. That gets my vote and I love the guy who plays the fairy on the bean stalk and the guy who sells Jack the beans. He was hilarious. Plus that fake cow was great.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Melissa! =)

I know I encourage people who haven't seen the episodes to vote based on story or cast, but it's always wonderful to meet another fan who has seen the production.

Voting is now closed.