01 February 2011

+JMJ+

That Time of the . . . Year Again



I invite Midnight Warriors of all shapes, sizes, genders, and mindsets
(and even of all football fandoms)
to join me and share their experiences, opinions, and theories about
WOMEN IN HORROR
and why we love them.


That's right: Women in Horror Month is upon us again! I know I could use a spiritual and wholesome distraction from the modern secular celebration of Valentine's Day, and it totally fits the bill.

But the Women in Horror Month blog is not run by similar Scrooges. They picked February because it has something in common with the menstrual cycle (Think!) and because the "hearts and horror combination" make them happy.

Speaking of happy, note that this year "Women in Horror" Month both heralds the Lenten season and plays out in its entirety before Ash Wednesday. This will let me indulge in secular schlock while pretending I'm being spiritual, taking me back to the golden days of my Catholic blog, when blogging became a major expression of my Faith and turned my Faith into nothing but a major hobby. (Which is why I now hold all Catholic bloggers with regular postings suspect.) Doesn't it make a gorgeously gory oyster to the pearl of the first anniversary of my outing of myself as a "WerePunk Catholic"?!?!?!

Translation: I'm "Bad" again, my friends! (Terry, would you please notify you-know-who?)

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!




Now on to stuff that would be important even if my blogs had never been born . . .

You don't need me to tell you that the re-named "Women in Horror Recognition Month" is basically a feminist thing. But you might need me to remind you that "feminist" means "Marxist" and that we don't like that here. (Of course, if you want to like it on your own blog, that's no skin off my T&A.)

For me, "Women in Horror" is and has always been a Marian thing. Eve and the Serpent. The Woman and the Dragon. The reason girls can enhance adventures and not just hinder them. And some of the last morality plays left in the world.

So you see why the ideal of "equality" leaves me cold. We don't want Final Girl to be equal to the villain chasing her down; we want her to triumph over him. At least I think that's what "we" want. =P

You might have noticed that I've been having an awful time getting words out lately--which means that this definitely isn't my Midnight Warrior submission post. (Just stating the obvious!) But it's up now because I wanted to start February off on the right foot.

(Now let's just hope I end it on the left foot . . .)

5 comments:

Michael said...

(Of course, if you want to like it on your own blog, that's no skin off my T&A.)

So here I am, casually meandering through Google Reader, with no intention of commenting on any posts of the nearly 400 blogs I track (as is my habit of late) and then I run across this comment by you.

Classic E

as is this:

So you see why the ideal of "equality" leaves me cold. We don't want Final Girl to be equal to the villain chasing her down; we want her to triumph over him. At least I think that's what "we" want. =P


And you wonder why I love you :P

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I wonder if you'll still love me at the end of this month. LOL!

As always, thanks so much for reading, although this post is hardly on par with what I usually offer to my readers.

Michael said...

I wonder if you'll still love me at the end of this month. LOL!

Sure will, unless you move over to the dark side occupied by people who only visit your (old) blog to tell you off. ;P

As always, thanks so much for reading, although this post is hardly on par with what I usually offer to my readers.

Relax girl, I'm a regular reader and know fully what you are capable of producing. I'm a blogger too (and a monetary contributor), so you just keep doing what you are doing. Its all good. :-)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Move over to that dark side? I'd rather buy one of those bargain homes in Detroit! (Really. Give me the number of a good real estate agent.)

Michael said...

Now that's the spirit, LOL!

And seriously, the thought of buying blocks of those homes and establishing a mission Church there is very tempting, except I'm not sure I want to continue to live in the US, at least on a full time basis.