23 January 2011

+JMJ+

Behold the Badge: Young Detectives



Thanks to Passions by Ashley for this original design!

Isn't it cute?!?!? When I gave her my specs, I didn't know she would make it so adorable!

Just note that the loud, lime-green URL on the bottom is my personal graffiti, not part of her original artwork. Just discouraging graphics lifters, you know. I paid good money for this design!

(And now that the transaction has been made, I wonder whether I should have chosen the name "Junior Sleuths". =P Oh, never mind . . .)



The Young Detectives Project
(Note that I'm not calling it a challenge for now)


Giving credit where it is due, I admit that this was inspired by the Red Headed Book Child's A-Z Mystery Authors Reading Challenge, which I would have totally signed up for had she not slammed the door on MG and YA with those four little words: "Adult books only, please."

My initial idea was to do my own version of same challenge, finding twenty-six MG/YA Mystery authors--one for every letter of the alphabet. But I soon realised that that would get old fast. =P

So now I'm just going to wing it. Okay? ;-)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lesa said...

That is so stinkin' cute!!!

I want to try making a simple badge one of these days.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I KNOW!!! =D

I've made some really simple badges with clip art and low-tech Paint (LOL!), but I've never used any of them because I have very specific ideas of how things should look, which means they usually have to be designed from scratch.

But I have helped other bloggers out with their badges. I put the thought bubble and text on this one:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/Kaiachautauqua/BadgeTastyTuesdays.jpg

And the text on this one:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/Kaiachautauqua/Ladyeading_Kennington.jpg