06 March 2010

+JMJ+

Shredded Cheddar and the Saturday Evening Blog Post
(A monthly link up party hosted by Elizabeth Esther)

SaturdayEveningBlogPost

Remember this linkup? The last time I joined, I nominated a Sancta Sanctis post. This time, I hoped, it would be all Shredded Cheddar, all the way.

And it will . . . but just not this month. You see, the link up is, in its hostess' own words, "a celebration of family-friendly art"--and February happened to be, as I didn't let anyone forget, "Women in Horror" Month . . .

Behind every successful Scream Queen is a serial killer who just won't die . . .

Not that I'm very "family friendly" at other months of the year--but never mind!

Ahem! Now that I look back on February, I see why Horror Blogger status is still eluding me . . .

Top 5 Horror Heroines

Reading Diary: Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls by Ann M. Martin

Top 5 Hot Female Werewolves

Hmmmmm. That's not very much, is it? I have to be completely honest and not count the Werepunk/LycanCath posts--though even if I did, they wouldn't really enhance the list.

It has occurred to me that the two Top 5 Lists would have better served my purpose of achieving Horror Blogger cred if I had broken them up into ten smaller posts. It's not quite like asking a poet to break up a sonnet so that it stretches into fourteen posts, but the idea doesn't exactly appeal.

Then again, I've already chopped up my first tournament bracket. (See Madeleine L'Engle Novel Smackdown, Round 3B. Then come back on Monday for Round 4!) Slicing up the five fingers of a Top 5 List shouldn't have to be like mutilation, you know . . . even if the simile selector in my subconscious obviously thinks I'd be selling out if I did.

Anyway, if this link up were more on the edgy side (and I don't mean that as a criticism), I'd nominate my Hot Female Werewolves post. No contest, really.

But I ended up submitting one of the last Sancta Sanctis posts ever, Another Lost Tradition, which is about what feminism has done to femininity. After all, if you're looking for horrifying women, you need look no further than the feminist coven in your own neighbourhood.

Image Source: Halloween: H20 clip

4 comments:

pennyyak said...

Other impediments to receiving recognition as a horror blogger:

1. Madeleine L'Engle has hottie status on your blog.

2. Encyclopedia Brown sits on your sidebar (while I did love those stories, I don't think I ever lost any sleep over them).

I have to get ready to go, so I don't have time to expand this list, but you get the point.

No matter, En. Your electicism is your strength. Whatever you pull out of that magic hat of yours is bound to be interesting.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

*sobs in despair*

*takes a moment to wallow*

*pulls herself together*

Well, the Madeleine L'Engle tags aren't prominently advertised . . . and I think I could ask a graphics designer friend of mine to manipulate the Encyclopedia Brown cover so that he and Sally look like a zombie . . . (You've heard of Pride and Prejudice with Zombies, right?)

Anyway, I'd better get that Zombieland review up before I get any less horrifying.

pennyyak said...

Oh no, lol, poor Encyclopedia Brown. If you could manage that graphic manipulation, you'd be a shoe-in.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Or I could just take all the blurbs down . . . There are only two of them, after all.