28 February 2010

+JMJ+

Punk Catholic Thought of the Week IV

I have just realised what the Catholic blogosphere desperately needs . . .

A Web comic!!!
A short while ago, a good friend, whom I've met only online but whom I know quite well, sent me a link to one strip which he said reminded him of me . . .


Photobucket
(See original post: At Least!)

LOL! I must say, though, whether or not anyone believes me: I was never in it for that sort of publicity. After that sort of publicity found me, anyway, I realised that the only real way to deal with it was with a sense of humour--even if it turned out to be something else about me that didn't always rub people the right way.

This Web comic is hosted on the blog Dead Marlo, which is run by a real magician! His main blog is The Weekly Magic Failure. If you visit it and go through the archives, you'll understand why he describes himself to fellow online magicians as "the guy you should hate!"


(See original post: Stalker Romanticism)

It was nice to stumble upon a part of the blogging cosmos I have never been before--and very nice to think of all the other blogging communities I have yet to discover. There must be little virtual neighbourhoods for everyone from crafts enthusiasts to chocolate connoisseurs. Indeed, the general blogosphere must be one big, bohemian city with the most colourful characters imaginable!

Now where was I?

While I could never even aspire to join the Magic community, I must say that the parallels between the Who's Who of the Magic world and the Who's Who of the Catholic world are striking . . .


(See original post: It Must Be Painful)

Strikingly funny, that is!

It is a sad reflection on the more serious, sales-driven sectors of the Catholic Blogosphere that it has not yet attracted, nurtured and promoted its own Juvenal.

11 comments:

Michael said...

It was nice to stumble upon a part of the blogging cosmos I have never been before--and very nice to think of all the other blogging communities I have yet to discover. There must be little virtual neighbourhoods for everyone from crafts enthusiasts to chocolate connoisseurs. Indeed, the general blogosphere must be one big, bohemian city with the most colourful characters imaginable!

I have over 250 plus blogs in my reader covering a myriad of topics. The plethora of "virtual neighborhoods" is quite enjoyable and keeps me from being so narrowly focused on my on blog subject.

While I could never even aspire to join the Magic community, I must say that the parallels between the Who's Who of the Magic world and the Who's Who of the Catholic world are striking . . .

It is the same no matter where you go in the virtual world or the real world for that matter. Human nature remains consistent in any environment.

It is a sad reflection on the more serious, sales-driven sectors of the Catholic Blogosphere that it has not yet attracted, nurtured and promoted its own Juvenal.

Uh...oh...

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Why "uh-oh"? =P

Michael said...

You might be inviting a certain brand of butter back into your world. ;-)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

But this post names no names! Anyone reacting with public indignation will only look ridiculous--and I hope that everyone who feels private indignation is intelligent enough to know that.

Michael said...

Yes but as you know rationality does not always rule on the web. Still, I hope you are right.

Noxxtis said...

Why don't you ask for fanart?

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Are you volunteering? ;)

christopher said...

When you put up the closed sign at Sancta Sanctis to focus on a more secular blog, I said to myself "Self, I'll bet you a dollar that Shredded Cheddar will inevitably morph into an almost-totally Catholic blog." And then I answered, "Self, I'm not taking THAT bet."

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Oh, for crying out loud, Christopher. It's just a dollar! =P

If I were judging this, I'd probably award each of you fifty cents.

Roland said...

So far I had no interest in the catholic scene... hmm, maybe I should take a look at it. ^^ as there are similarities.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Hi, Roland! =D

Well, as Michael has said, there are similarities in every online community. So everyone has a share of the drama, wherever he may be!

Thanks again for letting me feature your comic!