18 November 2009

+JMJ+

Tutor Tales, Volume 8

Photobucket

In case anyone was thinking that I'm this natural teacher and fantastic tutor to children who just love me . . .

Well, let me just say that my classroom tactics may be the only time anyone could ever describe me as "unorthodox."


Photobucket

Speaking of Aliens . . .

By any chance, do you remember that scene in which Ripley notices that the marines are right under the primary heat exchangers, which means that they shouldn't be firing their weapons; and so Gorman orders Apone to collect magazines from everyone so that they don't inadvertently cause a thermonuclear explosion?

Naturally, the marines are appalled by the order, and Frost utters the memorable line, "What the h*** are we supposed to use, man? Harsh language?"

That scene came to mind today . . .

You see, I got my first memo from my boss at XYZ Tutorial Centre. Last Friday, I was overheard by at least two other tutors saying the following (and more!) to Doctor Nemesis and Doctor Decimator:

a) "Well, the classmate who told you that was freaking insane."
b) "That's the most ass-backwards idea you've come up with yet."
c) "Do you want me to stab you in the eye with this pen?"

The long and short of it is that "harsh language" will not be tolerated within the centre.

Of course, I apologised, truly resolved to choose better words, and did my best this afternoon during my one-on-one session with Doctor Decimator. That I was also mutinously muttering to myself, "What the h*** am I supposed to use, man? A shotgun?" does not and will not signify in my professional life, because I can keep the baser parts of my nature under control (which is more than anyone can say for the Doctor brothers).

"Shredded Cheddar" could have been more accurately named "Sublimated Blog Fodder."

Image Sources: a) Ripley and Newt, b) Ripley and the Queen

13 comments:

christopher said...

All taken out of context, I'm sure. I know that's always the case when the inquisition comes after me. LOL

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

You, too, huh? =S

christopher said...

As a matter of fact, I'm waiting for some serious fallout about the lesson I gave to Cezanne yesterday on slavery, a few things or so that they didn't go over in her class. Momma wasn't home at the time to temper my teaching, now I'm just hoping she doesn't hear about it...

Gory said...

Drop your linen and start your grinin'.

paul bowman said...

Appalling!!

paul bowman said...

(Of course, those boys do love you, don't they really? Hmmm?)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Christopher: A few things or so, aye? Let me wish you the militant defense of St. Michael the Archangel himself!

And let me tell you (some other time) about the semi-serious fall out I had with my brothers' Science teacher about global warming . . .

Gory: Stay frosty, Gory! =D

Paul: I'm starting wonder whether little boys are capable of love. =|

paul bowman said...

That is appalling.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

You have never met these little boys.

paul bowman said...

I wonder if you don't have as much to learn in all this as they do. : )

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Oh, I'm already learning. You see, I used to think little boys were capable of love, and know I know better!

Archistrategos said...

OMG. Those boys remind me so much of 3rd Grade Me LOL. =)) (Hard to believe, but I was quite the classroom terror before hehe)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Well, they're already in Grades 5 and 6! It's Doctor Nemesis who is the real classroom terror, but everyone who knew his little brother last year said that he only started to "bloom" after I took charge of him. (Why, God, why?)