01 December 2012

+JMJ+

"Two or Three" Book Club, Meeting 22

We have a winner! In line with Shredded Cheddar's Top Secret December Theme, behold our--and I do mean our--December/January read:


So are you surprised that the Little House books won? I confess that I am! =)

I really thought Percy Jackson and the Olympians would win by a landslide, and even worried that commenters would protest that Laura Ingalls Wilder didn't stand a chance against Rick Riordan. (Not necessarily because he's better but because his books are just "hotter" these days.) Which shows how much I know, right? =P 

My plan is to write two posts per book, and ideally, to read one book a week. The posts will go up on Monday and Thursday (or Tuesday and Friday, if I'm running late). If you are reading along, I would love to know your own impressions of these novels. Please feel free to comment!

And if you decide to write your own posts that link up to any "Two or Three" Book Club meetings, I will be happy to return the favour by linking back to you. =)

Image Source: Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder

5 comments:

Shaz said...

So I'll be pairing Little House with A Clash of Kings ... should make for some interesting reading. :-)

mrsdarwin said...

I've read these so often that I don't know if I'll read them chapter for chapter with you -- but I'll definitely discuss and comment on them! This is pure Americana -- if you ever wonder, "Why does MrsDarwin do xyz?", the answer is because I was raised on a steady diet of Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Shaz -- Now I look forward to any cross-over insights! ;-)

Mrs. Darwin -- So that mystery shall finally be answered! I'll have the first readalong post up soon. =)

DMS said...

I m surprised! But, they are also wonderful! ~ Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I'm in the middle of Little House in the Big Woods right now, and the wonderfulness is amazing!

Thanks again for voting, Jess!