13 December 2012

+JMJ+

November/December

Letting go of a good thing can be hard. I'm still mourning the end of "Are You Afraid of November?" and all the FF I didn't manage to write in time.

When I started that project, it had been such a long time since I seriously sat down to write fiction, that I was surprised to remember how demanding it can be. An author must be "on call" all the time--and the story can call at the most inconvenient times.

The long and short of it is that I simply cannot hold down a full-time job, host a readalong (and a weekly meme) on this blog, and write FF of any literary merit, all at the same time. Not without one of them paying the price. Only two are allowed to tango at this dance.

But it still breaks my heart that the FF had to go. I'm already committing the whole of next Lent to finishing the second of my "Before Midnight" Chronicles. (Ahem!) A very polished (but only by me) edit of what I now think of as Part 1 is already on FanFiction.net, in case you'd like to review it there:


How did the members of the Midnight Society meet each other when they all went to different schools and had different friends? This is how I imagine Gary and Kiki met. David makes a small appearance. A one-shot divided into short chapters, because that was how I wrote it. Complete.
Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 5 - Words: 2,922 - Published: 12-14-12 - Gary & Kiki


And if you liked it enough to be looking forward to Part 2, then I hope you check back after Ash Wednesday.

Now I return all of us to our regularly scheduled Top Secret December Theme.

No comments: