23 November 2012

+JMJ+

"Two or Three" Book Club, Meeting 21

While I've been enjoying the break from reading and the focus on creative writing that has characterised ShredChedFanFicWriMo, also known as November, I'd love to get back into books for December. And I knew as early as October that I wanted my next challenge to be a series--preferably a Middle Grade series.

After I determined my Top Secret December Theme, I settled on these two contenders:

vs.
Vote for Our December/January Series!!!

If Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House series wins, I will commit to reading the first five books. If Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series wins, I will read all five books.

My hope is to finish by the end of December, but in case I don't, the reading will take over part of January, too. I hope that's okay with everyone! =)

Votes will be accepted until I close the polls on 30 November, because I'd like to publish the announcement of the winner soon after midnight on 1 December. You may vote whether or not you are a "Two or Three" Book Club member. (What's that, anyway? LOL!)

By the way . . . if this all seems sort of random, don't worry. It will make sense soon. Like, in January. =P

Image Sources: a) The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, b) Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder

9 comments:

amy said...

I'd have to vote for the Little House books that I am (not) reading with my daughter. We finished Little House in the Big Woods in August... and haven't even managed to start the next one! I'd love a push to do more reading aloud with her...

mrsdarwin said...

Little House series, all the way. And since I wasn't going to read along with the Stephen King readings, and I only voted because Christopher begged me to, I'm retroactively withdrawing double vote from that contest and applying it to this one. :)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

NoelCT voted on Twitter for the Little House series!

Amy -- Thanks! I admit that it is encouraging to know that someone will be reading along. =)

Mrs. Darwin -- LOL! At this point, it looks as if Laura Ingalls Wilder will win by a landslide! Thanks for voting.

Sheila said...

I vote Little House. I love those books!

DMS said...

I vote for Percy Jackson- loved that series. I think it's great how Rick Riorden brought back mythology in such a fun way that kids can relate. Camp Half-blood was amazing (though not in the movie) Thanks! ~ Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Sheila -- Thanks! =)

Jess -- Yay, a vote for Percy! =D

Bob Wallace said...

I visited Almanzo and Laura's house in Mansfield, Missouri. Their daughter was Rose Wilder Lane, and the rumor is that Rose wrote all her mother's books. I've only read "Farmer Boy" and "Little House in the Big Woods." The books are mostly girl stuff, anyway. ;-)

Shaz said...

I like Percy ... but I LOVE Laura. Either way, I'll be reading along with you!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Bob -- Now be nice or I won't link your post about Farmer Boy. (Yes, I read it. Shocker!)

Shaz -- Does that ultimately translate as a vote for Laura? ;-)

Thanks for volunteering to read along. It will be wonderful to have company!