14 November 2012

+JMJ+

Poem or Riddle?

Foam brick letter W ampersand single letter Cardboard letter q
Clock Number 2 Cardboard Bingo Number 5

Last month's macabre party may have created a monster. Poems have always challenged me, but riddles are so much more fun! =P So I sacrificed artistry for allusion and wrote another one for this month. 

But this time, I promise that the riddle will be easier to crack. =)

Word: Tenant
Question: Have you ever heard the river's song?

The tenth tenant left my home,
Through time and space again to roam.

By Einstein's river's silver shore
He, too, passed in and out a door.

They thought they knew the water's ways,
The one direction of the days.

But now a new tune twists the tale
And someone else can tear time's veil.

Who could have guessed a melody
Would whisper secret names to me?

Now who could those mysterious tenants possibly be???

If you need another hint, look at the prompts!

Since we have only two players this month (Hi, Dauvit!), those prompts are an original pair. And though I usually wish for more players, I'm thrilled that I didn't have to break these two up.

The only thing that would thrill me more is someone getting all my (pop culture) allusions. Good luck with this one, friends! =D

9 comments:

Dauvit Balfour said...

You mean, someone other than me? Though, I'm not a hundred per cent sure on all of them. I mean, the whole thing is an obvious reference, and one or two of the couplets are specific, but I haven't quite nailed all of them down, methinks.

I, too, was happy you didn't have to split that pair. I hope I do justice to my prompts.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Dauvit! I should probably stop cheating the game by writing riddles when I've promised to write poems, though. =P

Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

I'm horrible at riddles so I won't even bother you with a guess but I wanted to disprove a comment you made earlier. Happy hump day!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thanks, Carmel! That's really nice of you! =D

Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

You're welcome. :)

Shaz said...

I'm usually horrible at riddles, but I'm pretty sure I've cracked this one. :)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I knew you would, Shaz! ;-)

Dauvit Balfour said...

And here am I, with a humble, unpretty offering that might mean very much to two people, if they knew of it. I hope the words paint something, even if badly.

Pints and Coffee

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

They do paint something, Dauvit, and not badly. =) Thanks so much for playing this month!

Now I feel that I owe you a real poem for your prompts. But I don't know if I'll be able to do it.